Top 10 Cement Companies in India
1. Ultratech Cement : Ranked at the Ultratech Cement is India’s largest cement company. Part of the Aditya Birla Group the company gas an annual capacity of 52 million tonnes. The company has an employee strength of 133000 employees makes it one of the Best Employers in India. The employees belong to 42 nationalities from 36 countries. The company sells it’s white cement under the brand name of Birla White. The company the biggest manufacturer of cements in India and 10 the biggest in the world.
2.Ambuja Cement : Ranked second is the Ambuja Cement a company founded in 1983 by NarotamSekhsaria and Suresh Neotia. The company has five integrated cement plants and eight grinding units across the country. The company has a capacity of about 25 million tonnes per annum and is a benchmark for cement industries in India. The company has three captive terminals on the west coast to timley deliver the order of the customers.
3. ACC Limited : Launched in 1936 ACC Limited is next on the list. The company is the largest producer of cement in India. The company has 16 factories across the country with 21 sales office and several zone offices employing more than 9000 people. The Mumbai based company is also the largest user of limestone for its high volume operations in the field of mining. The only super brand status cement company got its present name ACC Limited on 01 September 1966.
4. India Cements : At No 4 is the IPL team Chennai Super Kings owner India Cements. The 3rd largest cement company in India was established in 1996 with first plant setup in 1949 in Sankarnagar, Tamil Nadu. With regional offices in all southern states and 3 plants in Tamil Nadu and 4 in Andhra Pradesh, the company is the largest producer of cement in South India. The company has around 10000 stockists of whom 25% are fully dedicated.
5.Madras Cement : Madras Cements Limited is number 5 in the list. Launched in 1961 by Shri PACR the company is a part of the Ramco group, the company started production in 1962. The company has a plant at Alathiyur, Tamil Nadu which is said to be the most modern plant in the country due to its 30.50 lakh tons per annum. The company is also one of the largest wind energy producers in the country. This has helped them to have an image of eco-friendly company.
6. Shree Cement: Shree cement is next at number 6. The beawar, Rajasthan based company is one of the biggest producers of cement in North India. The companies has plants located in Baewar, Ras, Suratgarh and Khsuhkhera and other places. The company had a turnover of Rs. 5,898.12 for the 15 month period of 2011-12. The company has a different strategy, it sells it’s brands under different brand names such as Shree Ultra, Bangur and Rockstrong. The capacity of the company is around 13.5 MTPA. The company follows its 'Clean and Green is Profitable' and 'You Green - Company Green - Globe Green' business philosophies.
7. Birla Corporation Limited : Birla Corporation Limited, a flagship company of the M P Birla Group is 7th on the list. Founded in 1919 by ShriGhanshyam Gupta the company was changed to Birla Corporation Limited in 1998 after it amassed Rs 1300 crore as turnover. The Kolkata based company manufactures a variety of product ranging from jute to cement. The company is presently chaired by Mr H V Lohda.
8. J K Cement : Next on the list and no 8 on the list is the J K Cement, an affiliate of the J K Organization. The company is one of the largest producer of cement in North India and the second largest producer of white cement in India in terms of production. Launched in 1975 with its first plant in Nimbahera in Rajasthan, the company is one of the major exporters of white cement to countries like South Africa, Nigeria, Singapore, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Sri lanka, Kenya, Tanzania, UAE and Nepal. The company has reserves of limestone to meet their requirements for the next 40 years.
9. Prism cement : Prism cement is 9th on the list. The company produces excellent quality of cement and thus is a premium price segment company. The company is ISO certified and every product manufactured by the company carries the BIS certification. The company operates one of the largest single kiln plants at Satna, Madhya Pradesh. The quality of the cement produced makes it a preferred choice in high-rise buildings, bridges, pipes,poles and manufacturing AC sheets.
10.JK Lakshmi Cement : Launched in the year 1982 in Sirohi district of Rajasthan, the company is member of the JK Organisation and an ISO certified company. The company has offices in UP, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Maharashtra and J&K. The company today has a capacity of 5.30 Mn MT per annum and has an excellent network of 2200 dealers and 70 cement dumps. The company has 10 plants across the country and has the distinction of being the first company to introduce coloured bags.